19 Questions with Wanda Stephanow
Meet Wanda Stephanow, of Wanda Loves Sharing! We love working with Wanda and are thrilled to announce that our Gibsonlook x Wanda Loves Sharing Cinched Lace Sleeve Knit Top that we designed together is NOW LIVE! To celebrate the launch, we wanted to feature Wanda in a 19 Questions with Gibsonlook so you can get some behind the scenes into designing this top, as well as getting to know Wanda a bit better! Enjoy and happy shopping!
- What was your inspiration behind designing the top? After styling so many women over the years, I always hear what women don’t want in a top. So, my inspiration was to design something that would work for everyone. It must include a puffy sleeve, be able to layer under a blazer and be the color pink. Lace has been seen all over the runways for 2023 and would make the perfect delicate puffy sleeve that would layer under your favorite Gibsonlook blazer. It can be dressed up or down and hangs beautifully around our curves. I can’t wait to see you all styled in the it!
- What era/decade of fashion is your favorite? I am definitely an 80’s girl. Give me all the neon, lace and baggy jeans.
- Is there a consistent color palette that defines your life? What is the predominant color in your closet? PINK, PINK, PINK! My typical style consists of a white button down, denim, and a pop of pink in the shoe.
- What is your first closet favorite you ever remember owning? A pink velvet Versace blazer that my dad bought for me. Even though it’s way too small, I will treasure it forever in my closet.
- What makes you laugh? Everything! My mom said that I was born laughing, not screaming. HA! I have a reputation for my laugh, its loud but contagious.
- What trend are you hoping never comes back? Low Rise Denim
- What trend would you love to have come back? Chunky necklaces. I think we forget that you can really change up your look by adding different accessories. I loved the days of huge chunky necklaces, big rings and tons of bracelets. The bigger the better.
- What song would best describe your day today? This isn’t a song on the radio, but the song from the show Cheers is a clear representation of my day. “Where everybody knows your name.” I love building relationships with people and no matter where I am shopping or going, I love to visit and catch up. (that includes the grocery store)
- What is the most satisfying aspect of your career? Helping other women feel good in their own bodies. Reading messages from women on how thankful they are that they found me and how much I have helped them love getting dressed again. I am not sure these women understand how much those messages mean to me and keep me sharing each day.
- What is your dream vacation destination? My dream vacation would be to go back home to Australia. I was born in Australia and came to the states when I was little. I would love to go back with my parents and see where I was born. I have family there to visit and would love to show them my family. I know it will happen and I can’t wait.
- When you were eight years old, what did you want to be? What was your childhood passion? When I was 8 years old, I wanted to be a fashion designer. I used to ask for Barbie dolls based on the fashion. Then I would make tiny tweaks to their outfits and hair to make it my own. When I was in my early twenties, I worked for a local fashion designer and was able to add little touches to designs and it was a dream come true. I often say how much that time in life was preparing me for my life today as a creator.
- What is one piece in your closet you couldn't live without?! One piece I couldn't ever live without is a blazer. I've always been a blazer girl because it's a classic staple and can elevate any look. It's also my secret weapon to cover up my back fat.
- What was your favorite subject in school? What did you study in college? My favorite subject was writing in school. I loved to write and tell stories. In college I studied to be a physical therapist, which shows my love for wanting to help people.
- Who or what had the greatest impact on your style? My grandmother Edith had the biggest impact on me with her style. She worked for a fashion house when she was growing up in Germany. She would sketch all the designs for them; and I always loved hearing her stories. My grandmother worked retail at Macys and would always come home with the latest fashion. I will always remember her for her laughter and her individual style. I know she would be so proud of me today with how far I have come with Wanda Loves Sharing. She definitely would have had her own Instagram.
- What was the inspiration for your blog? In 2012, I started my own personal styling company and styled many women from all over. The one thing that always resonated with me is the way I felt after each appointment. Seeing these women love the outfits I selected for them or the way they felt getting dressed each day, was something I wanted to share more of. Finally, in 2017 I started a blog where I could write about fashion or create a landing page of style inspo for the everyday women. That is where wandalovessharing.com was born. I never imagined the lovely community of women I have curated over the years.
- Describe your fashion style at age 10, 25 and today with one word each. Hairspray, Beautiful, Complete
- Looking back, if you could tell yourself anything at age 19 what would it be? To not be so afraid. Just go for it and try.
- Do you remember your first introduction or piece from Gibson Look? My very first piece of Gibsonlook clothing was the top-notch Notch Collar Blazer in pink. I got it years ago during the anniversary sale and I remember loving it so much I bought my sister one for her birthday. I have since expanded my love of the Notch Collar Blazer and have it in many colors.
- Here at Gibsonlook our lucky number is 19 - what is yours?! So funny, but I have never had a lucky number. But I tend to favor odd numbers.