Gibsonlook in Collaboration With: Ashley, Psyche, Natasha, and Jess
The Road Trip collection is days away from being here and we are already mapping out our weekend adventures to come. But first, we want to take you behind the scenes and give you a better idea of who was behind the pieces of the collection.
If you’re a regular around here, you’re well aware of our love for collaborations. And for this special collection, we joined forces with not one but four incredible women! In collaboration with Ashley Hargrove, Psyche Southwell, Natasha Stoneking, and Jessica Fay, we saw their style and passion come through in each of the pieces that make up this airy, fresh collection.
So, without further ado, let’s get to know each collaborating influencer a little better…
Getting to Know the Faces Behind the Collection
We’re kicking things off with Ashley, who we just can’t get enough of. Her Instagram handle “DTKAustin” is short for her blog title: Dressed to Kill -- and she’s based in Austin TX. Besides her kind, welcoming nature, Ashley brings an automatic cool factor to everything she’s part of. (No seriously, if you aren’t already following her on Instagram, get ready to go down a rabbit hole – from Star Wars to being a commercial stylist… you won’t regret it!) Her style itself screams chic and fun, and once we started working with her, there was no turning back.
And now for a little Q&A with Ashley:
- How would your friends describe you in 3 words? DTK - Dedicated, Tenacious, Kind
- What motivates you? Autonomy, Purpose, Learning, Success
- What is your all time favorite gibsonlook? Oh that's a tough one; I love everything gibsonlook and obviously anything black. :)
- Where would you like to go this summer? Literally anywhere but my house!
- Do you have a “maybe one day”? Maybe one day I will finish starting my non-profit to help children with cancer.
- What has been the most vulnerable thing you’ve gone through this year? Trying to navigate the new norm when my commercial styling company's work was halted.
- What’s your favorite summer look? A comfortable dress that I can wear on any occasion during any season
- Have you taken a road trip you’ve loved? (if so, why!) I used to go to Colorado with my dad multiple times a year as a kid. We would spend the week outdoors, hiking, mountain biking, etc.
- What's your favorite local day trip? Fredericksburg or to our ranch in Leakey.
- What gibsonlook item is in your overnight bag for the summer? Any and all of my cardigans!
Simply put, we’re thrilled to work with Psyche! During one of our very first collaborations, Cassie Freeman actually introduced us to Psyche, and the two even appeared on the cover of REDBOOK magazine together. Needless to say, we’re honored to work with such a talented woman! Psyche loves dresses, is not afraid of bold looks, and has an eye for creating perfect combinations. Yes, she even makes loungewear look exciting… She comes from a tech background, so take that and combine it with her creativity, and you have the full package! Check out her Instagram to see what we’re talking about.
Now, a little more about Psyche, in her own words:
- How would your friends describe you in 3 words? Animated, stylish, curious
- What motivates you? Being in positions to unite my technical and creative skills
- What is your all time favorite gibsonlook? The off-shoulder dress in black gingham
- Where would you like to go this summer? If I could fly, I’d definitely head to my home country, St. Kitts. In the meantime, I’m enjoying exploring my city, St. Louis.
- Do you have a “maybe one day”? If you know me, you know I avoid flights that are longer than 5 hours. But, I’d love to venture to places like the Maldives.
- What has been the most vulnerable thing you’ve gone through this year? I buried my mom on the last day of 2019. Moving forward without her has been the most difficult.
- What’s your favorite summer look? I love all things off the shoulder. I’m also a huge fan of puff sleeves.
- Have you taken a road trip you’ve loved? (if so, why!) I once drove from St. Louis to the Grand Canyon with my then-boyfriend, now husband. After 20+ hours on the road, we both learned that we could spend a lifetime together.
- What's your favorite local day trip? The St. Louis area is neighbored by some of the best wineries. During the summer, they host super fun events.
- What gibsonlook item is in your overnight bag for the summer? The daisy print off-the-shoulder dress. It’s so versatile and is practically wrinkle-free. (Yes, this is a new item from the Road Trip collection!)
- Summer Road Trip Quote? “Are we there yet?”
Hello Happiness says it all about Natasha, who has a huge heart that exudes light and love. A recent giveaway winner was someone who found us through Natasha, they shared that info with us and talked about how much they enjoy following along with her - and we totally get why. In creating this collection, we had so much fun designing items with her and we’re excited for you to see her fun, feminine, flirty style come through in her pieces! For more, you can find her styling tips and happy morning chats on her Instagram.
Up next: Natasha’s Q&A!
- What is your all time favorite gibsonlook? Hands down, the Summer of Color Collection with Hi Sugarplum... I LOVED every single piece from that collection. Bold prints with fun silhouettes for summer and so flattering for women of all shapes and sizes. It definitely spoke to my love of HAPPY + BRIGHT.
- Where would you like to go this summer? Not going to lie, I'm itching to get to Greece... it's definitely on our bucket list, but if I had to stay closer to home, I'd pick Rosemary Beach, Floria every single time!
- Do you have a “maybe one day”? Don't we all!!!! I have a big list of things I'd love to check off my list, but one that stands out the most is that I would LOVE to do more speaking and media engagements about social media and how to stand out.
- What has been the most vulnerable thing you’ve gone through this year? Ummmm... trying to navigate "normalcy" during COVID – helping act as a "teacher" for both my girls day in and day out, while juggling working from home with my husband [it's hard friends], incorporating time for self care and still trying to give myself grace for days when I can't seem to get it all done.
- What’s your favorite summer look? A cute sundress, espadrilles or sneakers, fun accessories and a colorful crossbody.
- Have you taken a road trip you’ve loved? (if so, why!) OHHH so many road trips – I traveled out west with my grandparents when I was growing up, getting to see Colorado, Wyoming, and Kansas which was INCREDIBLE. We also take road trips a lot even now to closer destinations... Atlanta, Knoxville, St Louis and 30A are just a few go-tos that never disappoint.
- What’s your favorite local day trip? Visiting Arrington Vineyards for wine tasting, live music and a picnic with friends and family!
- What gibsonlook item is in your overnight bag for the summer? The High/Low Cardigan and Cropped Wide Leg Pant... super comfy and casual and great for a lazy day at home or road tripping, too!
- Summer Road Trip Quote? (from your family that you laugh at or still quote, or from your life growing up that you remember…) "That's like the pot calling the kettle black" – I am HORRIBLE with sayings and my parents still give me grief about this one!!
Last but not least: Jess, who is no stranger to us! We first worked with Jess when Natalie Kennedy – who was part of last summer’s HOT SUMMER NIGHTS collection – introduced us. Jess has an infectious excitement for what she does! She joined us for our Holiday Glam Collection, and now we’re thrilled to work with Jess on a collection during her favorite season… SUMMER! If you love (or miss) the beach, be sure to follow along with her on IG stories – you can usually hear the ocean in the background and when doesn’t that feel relaxing?
And of course, let’s hear Jess’ answers from our Q&A:
- How would your friends describe you in 3 words? A good time, honest, loyal
- Seeing my friends succeed!!
- What is your all time favorite gibsonlook? Sequin joggers or ruffle sleeve muscle tank
- Where would you like to go this summer? Anywhere on a beach with live music!
- Do you have a “maybe one day”? Maybe one day we will go on a family road trip across the country! Would love to see all of the amazing landmarks across the USA.
- What has been the most vulnerable thing you’ve gone through this year? Honestly, 2020 as a whole has felt pretty vulnerable as we learn ‘our’ best way to navigate through it. Just because the way you choose to handle situations in the best way you see fit, doesn’t mean it’s everyone else’s right way.
- What’s your favorite summer look? A bodysuit and high waisted shorts or a dress with sneakers
- Have you taken a road trip you’ve loved? (if so, why!) Road trips to Disney are some of my favorites! The kids’ excitement the whole way reminds me of my childhood memories!
- What's your favorite local day trip? A restaurant/bar crawl along 30A!.We have the best restaurants and bars with the best views!
- What gibsonlook item is in your overnight bag for the summer? Bodysuit and joggers
- Summer Road Trip Quote? My kids ask “are we there yet” so often, it’s honestly the only thing that I can think of at the moment. Lol!
Stay Tuned for Road Trip Collection Launch
We hope you enjoyed getting to know these fabulous women and collaborators as much as we have! As you can imagine, their spunk, zest for life, and unique styles made this collection a wonderful experience – we can’t wait for you to explore the pieces and take them with you on your next road trip or summer adventure!
Tag us in your summer adventures @gibsonlook!