Winter Solstice: December
HAPPY DECEMBURRRRR! The Winter Solstice has arrived, the earth is at its maximum tilt away from the sun and Winter has officially begun! While the Winter Solstice marks the true beginning of winter, the good news is that the days will only get longer from here!
Some fun facts about the day:
- The word Solstice comes from the Latin word “sol”, and “sistere” which mean Sun and To Stand Still.
- If you stand outside at noon, your shadow will be the longest shadow you cast all year long since the sun is at the lowest point.
- The Northern Hemisphere will experience only 8 hours and 46 minutes of daylight, vs the approximate 15 hours of daylight we experience on the Summer Solstice.
- Ancient cultures would celebrate the Winter Solstice as a time of death and rebirth
- Stonehenge is aligned to the sunset on the Winter Solstice.
Winter is the season to bundle up and stay cozy. The chilly days can be spent many different ways, and some of our favorites consist of being on the ski slopes, cozying up to a good book by the fireplace, sledding with the family, baking goodies, snowshoeing, drinking warm coffee and so on.
Whatever your winter activities consist of, these sweaters and cozy items have been our closet favorites this season!
Mock Neck Fair Isle Sweater
Pair it with our favorite snowball fight scene in the movie, Elf 😂
V-Neck Shimmer Tunic with High Low Hem
Pair it with our favorite line from the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: “Frost Yourself!” ❄️
V-Neck Ribbed Relaxed Sweater
Pair with the movie with the coziest houses, The Holiday 🎁
GIGI Funnel Neck Long Sleeve Cozy Ribbed Sweater
The sweater you can wear to all 4 family dinners! Paired perfectly with Four Christmases 🎄