19 Questions with Thamarr Guerrier
Meet Thamarr Guerrier one of Gibson's featured Influencers in the upcoming International Women's Day Collection. If smiles could save the world, Thamarr would have accomplished the impossible. Her laugh is equally infectious. Her ability to co-exist between a night job as a nurse and a fashion influencer by day is an inspiration to all. Thamarr's message of inclusion and self care is genuine and resonates with her followers - "woman supporting woman is more than a cute hashtag, it requires intent, motivation and follow through." We are thrilled to introduce her as one of our Gibson International Women's Day collaborators, the face behind Musings of a Curvy Lady. Enjoy her Gibson 19Q!
- What makes you laugh? My group text conversations with my friends throughout the day. We will share meme's and funny stories that will have me cracking up in the middle of an aisle at the grocery story.
- What era/decade of fashion is your favorite? It would be a mix of the 50's with a little bit of the 70's. I like the juxtaposition between the defined structure and "flowy" vibes of each decades' style.
- Is there a consistent color palette that defines your life? What is the predominant color in your closet? There's a lot of blush pink, whites and grey but there is also lots of bright color to mix it up.
- What is your first closet favorite you ever remember owning? Tiny purses were the thing when I was in middle school in the early 2000's. I remember having a pastel tie dye mini bag that I brought everywhere. It was glorious.
- When you were eight years old, what did you want to be? What was your childhood passion?A librarian or a lawyer. I loved books and I loved debating. I would read up on subjects that weren't assigned just for fun. I loved to bring in other facts about things that weren't included in the books. I like doing research to get the whole picture on history.
- Who or what had the greatest impact on you as a child? As an adult? My mom. She's my fashion icon, my mentor and my best friend. She still is to this day.
- Describe your fashion style at age 10, 16, 21 and today with one word. Fuzzy - Feminine - Better
- What music inspires you today? What music inspired your teen years? I listen to all kinds of music so it depends on what mood I'm in or want to get into. The Greatest Showman gives me all the feels. I love Show Tunes in general and can listen to it all day.
- Your blog talks about self-care. what is your self-care routine? There is no TV in my room and on Friday nights I leave my devices outside of my room so I don't feel tempted to hop on social media. I try to disconnect one night a week. I also love skincare and after a hot shower I will spend about 40 minutes if I have the time to put on my products and binge watch a murder documentary on Netflix.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? In ten years? If you could tell your ten-year-old self-anything, what would it be? Wherever I am I just want to be happy and healthy. I would tell 10 year old me that people will wish they have your confidence so don't let anyone make you feel awkward about loving yourself. You're exceptional.
- Where is your favorite place in your hometown? In the world? My favorite place is a French restaurant called Orsay. Its where I have had the best time and conversations with my favorite people. My favorite place in the world is the French countryside and this little pizza shop just around the corner of the Trevi Fountain in Rome.
- Is blogging your full-time job or do you working somewhere else? I'm a Full Time Progressive Care Night Nurse.
- How do both jobs complement each other, and how do they complicate each other? I love helping people whether it's taking care of them in their time of need medically or helping people see their own worth. There is an art to helping people in their most vulnerable times in their lives. I think it helps me put things in perspective and I try not to sweat the small stuff. Time management and scheduling is the hardest. Nursing and blogging are so different from each other and they never overlap.
- What was the inspiration for your blog? It was a creative outlet that I needed in a time where I didn't know what I wanted to do next.
- What do you feel is the most important aspect of your blogging work? I have a platform that helps women feel better about themselves. Whether they are age 10 or 60, women all over the world find my platform a resource for confidence and inspiration. I think that is pretty amazing.
- Do you remember your first introduction to Gibson Look? Yes I bought a jogger set from a Nordstrom sale and it's the most comfortable thing I own. I wear it every time I travel.
- Describe the Gibson X International Women's Day Collaboration in 19 words or less. A fabulous way to celebrate our differences as women and to inspire, with a great message and fun clothing!
- What nonprofit organization have you chosen to benefit from your relationship from the Gibson X IWD Collection? Pine Castle Jacksonville
- Why were they your choice? My charity is Pine Castle Jacksonville — an organization that serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families helping to empower them to live and achieve their highest potential regardless of the severity of their disability. My sibling with autism has been attending Pine Castle for 4 years and they are so amazing and make such a difference in our lives.
We are thrilled to have introduced you to our third Gibson International Women's Day collaborator and to her Gibson19Q's.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.