19 Questions with Roselyn Weaver
Meet Roselyn Weaver, one of Gibson's featured Influencers in the upcoming International Women's Day Collection. If you read her bio you'll learn she is “100% filipina, born in Guam, raised in California and currently residing in Texas.” Roselyn has a degree in Fashion Merchandising and works in Supply Chain Management. She is the mother of two four-legged boys and married to one amazing man. What her bio doesn't tell you, her blog will: Roselyn is a loving, compassionate, creative women whose road to motherhood is a testimony to grit, strength and absolute determination.
We decided to get to know her better. Between running in and out of shows at NYFW Roselyn responded to our 19Q's with these answers:
- What makes you laugh? -- "OMG, everything, lol. I laugh at the smallest things, my husband is like “that’s not even funny” haha! But recently hearing my son laugh, instantly has me laughing. It’s the best thing ever."
- What era/decade of fashion is your favorite? -- "The 70’s. Structured blazers, mixing prints, bell bottoms and matching suits are my jam."
- Is there a consistent color palette that defines your life? -- "Lots of prints! What is the predominant color in your closet? Red, leopard and lots of floral prints."
- What is your first closet favorite you ever remember owning? -- "A denim jacket. LA GEAR, haha! I thought I was the coolest kid on the block!"
- Are you married? -- "Yes!"
- How did you and your husband meet? -- "I met Brandon through friends when I moved to Houston. We were actually friends for a while before we started dating."
- What song would best describe your marriage? -- (looks like we'll never know ;)
- Is blogging your only full time job or do you work somewhere else as well? -- "In addition to blogging, I work in Supply Chain Management as a Procurement Manager for a corporation based out of Houston, TX."
- Do you have children? -- "Yes, an almost 2 year old! What is the most satisfying aspect of combining motherhood and a career? Our little guy is so young right now but I hope that as he gets older he sees his dad and I working hard to reach our goals. Not only for ourselves but to provide him the best life. Hopefully it teaches him that hard work and persistence truly pays off. That hearing “no” just means work harder and to try again."
- What is the least? (haha) -- "Trying to “balance” it all is HARD. It’s hard balancing a career, a business and your role as a wife & mom. My least favorite is when the mom guilt kicks in and I feel like I’m not doing enough. And before you ask, I have no secrets lol. I have days where I feel like I’m doing great and other days I feel like I could be doing so much better. I cry a little and then get up and do it all over again, haha. See I just laughed again. I laugh when I’m stressed too."
- When you were eight years old, what did you want to be? What was your childhood passion? -- "Omg, I always went back and forth between wanting to be a lawyer and a model. I guess I got the best of both worlds in blogging. I get to be creative and create content with beautiful clothing and I have to read over extensive contracts, lol"
- What was your favorite subject in school? -- "English. I love writing!"
- Who or what had the greatest impact on you as a child? -- "My Mom and Dad. As an adult? My Mom and Dad."
- What was the inspiration for your blog? -- "I went to school for fashion merchandising. I worked in retail and as a buyer for almost 9 years. When I decided to step out of that world and into Supply Chain I still craved wanting to be creative and talk fashion everyday so that’s when the blog was born!"
- What do you feel is the most important aspect of your blogging work? -- "Honestly I started the blog to talk fashion inspiration and it blossomed into so much more. I love being an inspiration to other working woman, wives, mama’s out here! Women come in all shapes, sizes, colors and from different backgrounds. I think the industry is still learning how to showcase that more. The diversity in the blogging world definitely helps and I love being a part of that. When I excitedly read magazines growing up there’s was no one that looked liked me in those magazines. When I grew up into a young woman I always thought “maybe if I had this, or that or if my hair was xxx”. No one should feel like that and that’s what makes the blogging world so amazing. There are so many beautiful, diverse woman out here for everyone to look up to, be inspired by and to relate to."
- Do you remember your first introduction to Gibson Look? -- "Yes! I was shopping at a Nordstrom sale and I snagged a ton of tops. I loved the versatility of the styles and the fact that the price points didn’t break the bank."
- Describe the Gibson X International Women's Day Collaboration in 19 words or less: "This collaboration really highlights a diverse group of women. We all have different backgrounds, different passions and are all providing our style inspiration in so many different ways. We were chosen because of the businesses we have built as driven women, the (much needed) diversity we bring to the industry and for the fact that we are using our platforms not just to grow a business but to truly make an impact in people’s lives in so many different ways."
- What nonprofit organization have you chosen to benefit from Gibson's IWD donation? -- "Arms Wide Adoption."
- Why were they your choice? -- "This is the agency that we used through our adoption process. Baby Weaver has been the most precious gift ever given to us and the people at Arms Wide Adoption work hard every day to bring families happiness like they have brought to us."
We are thrilled to have introduced you to the first Gibson's International Women's Day collaborators and to our Gibson 19Q's which will be answered over the next few weeks by 8 more women in 8 different ways!
Organization: Arms Wide Adoption. https://www.armswideadoption.org/
Roselyn Weaver Blog: https://roselynweaver.com/, Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roselynweaver/
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.